Tumblr is one of those social media platforms that everybody has heard of, however few know anything about.
While many may not know exactly what it is, Tumblr is among the most popular blogging platforms. You need to take a look at the platform if you haven’t become aware of it in the past.
Concerning individual branding, Tumblr uses some special advantages to bloggers and services alike.
For instance, the platform can assist display their imagination or develop an audience through quality material and personalization options.
In this article, we’ll discuss what Tumblr is and take a look at the top functions and advantages of using Tumblr, from composing tutorials to creating podcasts.
What Is Tumblr?
Tumblr is a microblogging platform for sharing photos, music, video, links, quotes, GIFs, text, and other multimedia. The site likewise has a “Responses” function, which enables users to express their sensations about something published on the site.
Unlike other platforms, Tumblr profiles are extremely personalized. Brand names can tailor their theme, design, colors, typefaces, and more. Users can also follow each other’s updates and produce custom-made RSS feeds based on their interests.
Developing an account on Tumblr is free and easy to set up. All posts on Tumblr are public, and all users have the alternative to follow you. There are no personal profile choices like on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Facebook Verified.
Users can create various widgets for their profiles.
Tumblr has actually become more prominent with its free mobile app, abundant API, custom-made design tools, and vibrant community.
50 Tumblr Information And Stats
- Tumblr began in 2007 as a blogging platform that allowed users to share images, videos, text posts, and more.
- The service acquired appeal after being acquired by Yahoo! in 2013 for $1.1 billion.
- From 2017 to 2019, Oath took control of ownership of the platform before being bought by Verizon Media.
- In 2019, ownership transferred once again to Automattic, a moms and dad business of WordPress that retains ownership today.
- Tumblr is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- There are 2,437 workers at Tumblr.
- Out of their staff members, 57% are females.
- Most staff members who work at Tumblr stay with the company for an average of 5.3 years.
- Over 556 million blogs are hosted on Tumblr.
- Lots of celebrities and influencers post on Tumblr, but the platform does not utilize the same blue check verified sign you see on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Twitter Verified.
- The annual earnings for Tumblr is in between $75-100 million.
- Tumblr has numerous partners and countless commissioned artwork.
- There are over 171 billion posts on Tumblr today.
- Individuals can publish on Tumblr in 18 different languages.
- Despite the fact that they have been around for a while, 61% of brand-new Tumblr users are Gen Z, and 48% of their active users are Gen Z.
- Tumblr is the third most popular blogging platform in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- And the 3rd most popular blogging platform on the internet entirely.
- 45.94% of the traffic on Tumblr comes from the U.S.
- For those brand-new to Tumblr, they offer a guide on how to get started publishing.
- The trending subjects on Tumblr vary, similar to any other site, from Legend of Zelda to U.K. politics.
- Regarding interest classifications, the majority of people go over video games, consoles, and devices. They also go over computer systems, electronic devices, news, and topics regarding universities.
- A few of Tumblr’s top competitors consist of Buy Twitter Verified, Pinterest, and Buy Instagram Verified.
- There are many ad chances on Tumblr, consisting of native ad experiences and customized opportunities.
- Tumblr is a privately owned company.
- In a current study, 70% of users mentioned that they were pleased by the functionality of Tumblr. The leading two rankings above this were Pinterest and Buy YouTube Subscribers, with a 76% customer fulfillment ranking.
- Tumblr has 135 million monthly active users.
- Earlier this year, there was an uptick in visitations to Tumblr, with 291.7 million check outs in May.
- Tumblr prides itself on being an inclusive area for everyone to share its views stating, “Tumblr is whatever you desire it to be.”
- On top of the ability to publish everyday blog sites, Tumblr likewise uses a liveblog function so users can blog as occasions or things take place in real-time.
- Many people (69%) use Tumblr on their mobile phones, and 31% utilize the platform online.
- In a recent study, when socials media were ranked by brand name awareness in the U.S., 58% of individuals acknowledged the platform.
- The leading quantity of users going to the web is U.S.-based at 46.37%.
- This is followed by the United Kingdom and Canada users on the web at 5.94% and 5.07%, respectively.
- Australia follows this at 3.2% and then Germany at 3.1%.
- In 2018, Tumblr banned adult content on its platform, a polarizing move.
- Mashable suggests that “Fandom’s homeland is Tumblr.”
- And The Verge states that “The important things that occur on Tumblr are utterly special to any other social platform.”
- There are around 9.7 million day-to-day posts on Tumblr.
- The demographics for top Tumblr users break down to 33.04% from ages 18-25, 31.44% from 25-34, and 16.10% between 35-44 years old.
- Of these users, 41.41% identify as female, and 58.59% recognize as male.
- Tumble has a bounce rate of 42.67%.
- Like other platforms like Buy Facebook Verified, users can like and repost content.
- You can produce customized HTML styles on Tumblr.
- There is also a Mass Post Editor function on Tumblr, permitting users to edit or delete numerous posts simultaneously.
- Users can quickly include inline images from the web to their posts by pasting the image’s URL into the post.
- Tumblr also has keyboard shortcut options which make it easier to develop posts.
- A few of Tumblr’s top competitors consist of Ghost, Hexo, and Medium.
- There are over 2,000 posts produced every second on Tumblr.
- Regarding traffic leading back to Tumblr, 28.48% of that traffic originates from Buy Twitter Verified, and 20.25% comes from Buy YouTube Subscribers.
- Typically, users go to 6.47 pages when they use the platform.
Tumblr is an online community where anybody can create engaging and special material.
As you can see, it is also highly personalized, permitting users and brand names to develop their ideal profiles. It’s likewise a terrific space to find and cultivate new audiences.
There are nearly limitless possibilities with the platform, and it’s worth taking a look at to see if it’s ideal for your brand.
If you’re seeking to integrate more blogging alternatives and are thinking about integrating Tumblr, have a look at this post.
Included Image: Lenka Horavova/Best SMM Panel